GENERAL DISCLAIMER - NO MEDICAL ADVICE
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ONLINE SITE IS PRESENTED IN SUMMARY FORM AND IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE BROAD CONSUMER UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGE OF HEALTH CARE TOPICS. THIS INFORMATION IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND DOES NOT COVER ALL DISEASES, AILMENTS, OR PHYSICAL CONDITIONS, OR THEIR TREATMENT. PEACEHEALTH CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION. FURTHER, THE INFORMATION ON THESE PAGES MAY BE CHANGED OR UPDATED WITHOUT NOTICE, BUT PEACEHEALTH HAS NO OBLIGATION TO MAINTAIN CURRENCY AND THE INFORMATION HERE MAY BE OUT OF DATE AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
ACCORDINGLY, THE INFORMATION YOU FIND HERE SHOULD NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISIT, CALL, CONSULTATION WITH, OR THE ADVICE OF YOUR OWN PHYSICIAN OR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER. PEACEHEALTH DOES NOT RECOMMEND THE SELF-MANAGEMENT OR SELF-DIAGNOSIS OF HEALTH PROBLEMS. IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH CARE-RELATED QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL OR SEE YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTH CARE PROVIDER PROMPTLY. YOU SHOULD NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU READ HERE.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY.
INFORMATION ACCESSED THROUGH THIS ONLINE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PEACEHEALTH MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, USEFULNESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION. PEACEHEALTH CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST HUMAN AND MACHINE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR LOSSES, INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA. PEACEHEALTH ALSO CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THIS ONLINE SITE WILL BE FREE OF INFECTION OR VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFESTS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS COMPILED FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES AND PEACEHEALTH SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY OR INDEMNITY. LIABILITY, IF ANY, FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR PATENT OR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE FEES PAID BY THE USER FOR THE PARTICULAR INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED. IN NO EVENT SHALL PEACEHEALTH BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN THE AMOUNT REFERRED TO ABOVE, AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SITE, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED EVEN IF PEACEHEALTH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Links that you may follow from this site to other Internet sites are provided as a convenience only, and PeaceHealth accepts no responsibility for the content, products, and/or services you find there. PeaceHealth does not control, endorse, promote, or have any affiliation with any other Internet site unless expressly stated herein. If you follow a link from this site and it does not work, please let the PeaceHealth Web Services Team know so that we may delete or correct the link. You should further understand that the Internet contains unedited and largely unregulated materials, some of which are sexually explicit or may be offensive to you. You access such materials at your own risk and discretion. PeaceHealth has no control over and accepts no responsibility whatsoever for such materials.
PeaceHealth Social Media Site Use Terms & Conditions
Our top priority is the safety of our patients, caregivers, students and staff and the integrity of PeaceHealth.
All postings to PeaceHealth-sponsored social media sites are publicly available on the Internet and therefore publicly accessible without limitation or protection of any kind. Please consider how much personal information to share.
As a guest posting content to any PeaceHealth-sponsored on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive. You will also not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
You agree that you will not collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent
When you post content to any PeaceHealth-sponsored social media site, you agree that you will not: (a) violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive. You will also not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; and (b) collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about any one without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
When you post a comment or other material to PeaceHealth-sponsored social media sites you give PeaceHealth the irrevocable right and license to exercise all copyright, publicity, and moral rights with respect to any content you provide, which includes using your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media, including but not limited to: displaying, modifying, reproducing, distributing, creating other works from, and publishing your submission.
PeaceHealth reserves the right to review all comments before they are posted, to edit them to preserve readability for other users, and/or remove them for any reason and at any time.
In posting material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) on the PeaceHealth-sponsored sites, you also agree not to:
1. Post material that PeaceHealth determines is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another's privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in PeaceHealth’s discretion
2. Post material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
3. Post any content that is personal health information including patient images on any Social Media Site. You are also prohibited from using the Social Media Site to provide medical advice or medical commentary.
4. Post phone numbers, email addresses, mailing address of yourself or any other individual or entity in the body of your comment -- you cannot assume the good intentions of everyone who reads them.
5. Post material that infringes on the rights of the PeaceHealth or any individual or entity, including privacy, intellectual property or publication rights.
6. Post material that promotes or advertises a commercial product or solicits business or membership or financial or other support in any business, group or organization except those that are officially sponsored by PeaceHealth. This includes promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation.
7. Allow any other individual or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
8. Post comments under multiple names or using another person’s name.
9. Post material that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
PeaceHealth reserves the right to do any or all of the following:
1. Ban future posts from people who violate our Terms and Conditions. We may affect such bans by refusing posts from specific email addresses or IP addresses, or through other means as necessary.
2. Remove or edit any posted material at any time, whether or not they violate these Terms and Conditions.
Your participation in PeaceHealth-sponsored social media sites is also subject to the terms and conditions of each of those sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Ning, YouTube, etc.).