Responsibilities of all students
- Follow the process for Clinical Experiences placement as required by PeaceHealth:
1. Complete the necessary paperwork, clearly and thoroughly
2. Fulfill all of the necessary requirements
3. Follow-through with your placement contact person
- Arrive for your experience on time, properly attired and prepared for your experience. Check in at the main desk of the department you have been assigned.
- Abide by all applicable PeaceHealth rules, regulations, policies, and procedures for Student Experiences, including security, confidentiality, and privacy of information as identified in the orientation materials. Report any injuries or exposures immediately to the PeaceHealth supervisor responsible in your area and to your instructor/advisor for the school.
- Demonstrate the PeaceHealth behavioral expectation for staff, volunteers and students with every interaction while on site.
- Adhere to the PeaceHealth Mission, Values and Promise.
Description: Follow and observe a staff member during their work hours. Limited to high school age students or community members and above.
Purpose: Gain clearer insight into health care career opportunities
Duration: One day, to two eight-hour days
Internship - College (includes practicums, co-operatives, & clerkships)
Description: Limited to students enrolled in school programs only. Student works with a designated staff preceptor.
Purpose: To provide an opportunity to focus on career specific knowledge, learn skills particular to that position and to fulfill necessary clinical hours required for course completion.
Duration: Varies by school, student and site (20-200 hours).
PeaceHealth Learning & Development
Attn: Student Placements
1255 Hilyard St., Eugene, Oregon 97401
Or Fax application to: 541-431-9161
Questions? Please call 541-686-8527