A Department of Peace Harbor Hospital
For Identifying &Treating Conditions
Imaging is a powerful tool used by health-care providers to:
- diagnose illness or injury
- confirm diagnosis
- guide or deliver treatment
- screen for disease
Types of tests & what they're for:
- CT Scan (computed tomography) for internal organs
- Bone mineral densitometry (DEXA) for gauging density of bone
- Echocardiography for gauging heart function
- Mammography for breasts
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) for internal organs & tissues
- Nuclear medicine for various parts of the body
- Ultrasound for pregnancies, pelvis and other areas
- X-ray for bones
Imaging at PeaceHealth
Patients at PeaceHealth Medical Group in Florence are generally referred to the Imaging Services Department in PeaceHealth's PeaceHarbor Hospital located at 400 Ninth Street in Florence. For more information, call (541) 997-2804.
The amount of time it takes to get the results back will depend on the test. It usually takes less than a week. You can view your results online, if you use PeaceHealth PatientConnection. This free service is available to all PeaceHealth patients. Sign up or test drive PatientConnection.
The provider who ordered the test will review the results and will let you know if you need any follow-up care based on the results.