Specialty Care for Kidney Disease, Hypertension
A nephrologist is a physician who has been trained in the diagnosis and management of kidney disease, such as:
- Acute renal failure (a sudden loss of function)
- Blood in the urine
- Kidney stones
- Chronic or recurrent urinary tract infections
- High blood pressure (hypertension doesn't respond to medication)
Nephrologists help patients with:
- maintaining healthy blood pressure
- maintaining the right balance in electrolytes (chemical mix in fluids)
- maintaining the right balance of fluids in the body
- dialysis (treatment for kidney failure)
Your primary care provider can refer you to a nephrologist if your condition requires this type of care.
Nephrology at PeaceHealth
PeaceHealth Medical Group has experienced nephrologists in Longview who can meet these special needs:
Kidney dialysis services are available at PeaceHealth's St. John Medical Center.
1615 Delaware St.
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: (360) 414-2730