South Campus: Staff will explain hours to families of patients in that facility.
Parking is free in visitor sections. As with parking areas anywhere, please lock your vehicle and do not leave valuables in your car, especially at night. Visitors may find more parking available before 11 a.m. and after 4 p.m.
Visiting Hours - Beginning January 19, 2015 New After-hours
- After-hours - all visitors must enter PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center through the Emergency Department Lobby between the hours of 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Visitors must sign in with Security
- Photo identifcation is required for entry
- Regular hours - Main Campus: 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Some units have different hours or certain restrictions posted.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. The adult must be someone other than the patient.
- The Childbirth Center visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- South Campus: Staff will explain hours to families of patients in that facility.
If a patient cannot have visitors or requests no visitors, family members should share this with friends and relatives. Some patients choose not to tell family and friends about a scheduled hospital stay until after they are home and feel well enough to have visitors. We strongly recommend that visitors not come if they are ill themselves.
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center is a tobacco-free campus. Tobacco use (cigarettes, electronic cigarettes (e-cigs), cigars, pipes, snuff, chew, etc.) is not permitted anywhere on the property — indoors or outdoors.
- Ground Floor across from the Gift Nook
- Floors 1, 2, 3 and 4 near the public elevators
- Floor 1 outside the Observation Unit
- Floor 1 in the East Tower Lobby
- Floor 1 in the Nutrition & Diabetes Education Clinic waiting area and the Adult Day Health area
Restrooms with Diaper-Changing Facilities
- Floor 1 in Childbirth Center Lobby and Emergency Lobby
- Ground Floor across from the Gift Nook
- Ground Floor in the women’s restroom near Jersey Street entrance
Gifts & Flowers
Please do not bring or send plants or flowers to the Intensive Care Unit. If you bring loose flowers to other units, please bring a vase (the hospital cannot supply containers).
- Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Central Auxiliary of PeaceHealth St. Joseph operates the Gift Nook on the Ground Floor at the Main Campus. The staff are volunteers and proceeds go toward patient care projects. The shop carries toiletries, magazines and paperback books, fresh flowers in vases, cards, candy and gift items.
- Main Campus: Solariums located on Floors 2, 3 and 4 are specially designated lounge areas for visitors and patients. The East Tower Lobby is the waiting area for Surgical Services, some Cardiovascular procedures and most other services on Floor 1 other than the Emergency Room. On Floor 2, a waiting area is located near the Medical Care Unit. The Cardiovascular Center has its own waiting area on the 2nd Floor as well.
- South Campus: Staff will direct you to designated waiting areas.
Patient Condition & Surgery Reports
It is our goal to keep families and visitors informed in a timely manner about the status of a patient’s treatment. We appreciate your patience since many lab tests and procedures take time to complete.
When you have a family member going to surgery, a specially-trained Guest Services Coordinator will work with you to assure that you are able to visit with your loved one before surgery, that you will be notified of changes and delays that may effect the surgery schedule, and that you will be escorted to a post-op consultation with the surgeon. The Coordinator is the link between the operating room, surgeon, patient and family and is located at the East Tower Lobby. Amenities located there include coffee, tea, cocoa, magazines, books, newspapers, board games and cards. To contact the Guest Services Coordinator, call ext. 7711.
It is helpful for patients to select one family member as the person to receive your medical updates. Questions from family or friends will be referred to that contact person.
The Sister Catherine Chapel on the Ground Floor of the Main Campus is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Chapel is non-denominational and all are welcome. To schedule a memorial or prayer service, call Spiritual Care, ext. 6308, or dial 0.
Lost & Found
If you find an item, please turn it in to the Switchboard or Information Desk on the Ground Floor, or ask any employee for help. If you have lost an item, call Security, ext. 2501.
Parents of children in Pediatrics are encouraged to stay in the room with their child overnight. Family of critically-ill patients may stay in a nearby room (if available); the nurse can make arrangements for you.