When you or a loved one is facing cancer, you deserve to have the best information at your fingertips.
Here you’ll find the latest information on cancer prevention and screenings. Let us help you in your fight against cancer.
Local Support Services
National Cancer Organizations
- American Cancer Society: Information, education, advocacy and limited services for people with cancer.
- National Cancer Institute: Information, publications and database about cancer research, cancer treatment and cancers.
- National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine: Information about alternative and complementary treatments.
- Oncolink: Information on different types of cancer, treatment options, coping resources, clinical trials, and more.
- People Living with Cancer: Patient site from the American Society of Clinical Oncology; includes resources on different types of cancer and their treatment, clinical trials, coping, and side effects.
- American Brain Tumor Association: Contact with other brain tumor patients. Information about brain tumors and treatment, national and local conferences, support groups, and a national newsletter.
- National Brain Tumor Foundation: Information about brain tumors and treatment, malignant and benign brain tumors, and brain tumor medical centers. Information about the latest clinical trials. Connection to a network of survivors.
- Breast Cancer.org: Extensive resources about breast cancer.
- Celebrating Life Foundation: Non-profit organization geared toward education and outreach for African American women and women of color for breast cancer awareness.
- Men Against Breast Cancer: Support services to educate and empower men to be effective caregivers when breast cancer strikes a female loved one.
- National Breast Cancer Coalition: Advocacy only. Seeks to eradicate breast cancer through action and advocacy, focusing on research and access to care.
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation: Funds national breast cancer patients, project grants, local education, screen and treatment projects in communities from coast to coast.
- Y-ME: A national breast cancer organization with hotline counseling, educational programs and self-help meetings for breast cancer patients, their families and friends. Also a Y-ME support line for men.
Clinical Trials Information
- Coalition of National Cooperative Groups, Inc.: Group of national cancer cooperative groups engaged in clinical cancer trials.
- Columbia River Oncology Program (CROP): Clinical trials in cancer prevention, symptom control and treatments. PeaceHealth Southwest is one of the participating health systems.
- National Cancer Institute: Clinical Studies Support Center (CSSC): Search for National Cancer Institute clinical trials conducted at the NIH clinical center in Bethesda, MD.
- Colorectal Cancer Network (CCN): National organization providing support services for people affected by colorn cancer or cancer of the rectum.
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors
- GIST Support International: Education and support for patients affected by gastrointestinal stromal tumors, as well as their friends and families.
- National Cervical Cancer Coalition: Information, Phone Pals system and cervical cancer phone line.
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition: Peer support, publications, education and awareness programs.
- Ovarian Cancer National Alliance: Increases public understanding of ovarian cancer. Advocates for treatments and a cure. Also has a public education program.
- Women's Cancer Network: Comprehensive gynecological cancer organization. Information and education, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Kidney Cancer Association: Patient information about kidney cancer and research opportunities.
Leukemia and Lymphoma Cancer
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: Education, information, advocacy, support groups, peer support and financial aid programs for individuals with leukemia and related illnesses (lymphoma, Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's disease, multiple myeloma).
- Lymphoma Research Foundation: Educational materials, free support groups, quarterly newsletter and a national "buddy system" linking patients.
- American Lung Association: Information about lung diseases, including cancer.
- Lung Cancer Alliance: Dedicated to improving the quality of life for lung cancer survivors by providing resources, education and referral information.
- National Lymphedema Network: Education and guidance for lymphedema patients and the general public.
- International Myeloma Foundation: Education for physicians and patients about myeloma, its treatment and management.
Oral, Head and Neck Cancer
- Oral Cancer Information Center: Comprehensive resource list and information about prevention and treatment.
- Support for People with Oral, Head and Neck Cancer: A self-help program of support addressing emotional, psychological and humanistic needs related to head and neck cancer.
- Confronting Pancreatic Cancer: Public awareness and fundraising about pancreatic cancer.
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network: Information and education programs for people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and their caregivers.
Prostate and Testicular Cancer
- National Prostate Cancer Coalition: Information and resources about prostate cancer.
- Patient Advocates for Advanced Cancer Treatments (PAACT): An organization for patients and physicians, for diagnostic and therapeutic treatments of prostate cancer.
- Prostate Cancer Foundation: Education, research and general information about prostate cancer.
- Testicular Cancer Resource Center: Education and support for men with testicular cancer.
- US TOO International: Emotional and educational support for prostate cancer survivors through a network of support groups and quarterly newsletter.
- The Skin Cancer Foundation: Educational materials on skin cancers, including brochures, videos, quarterly newsletters, posters, books and an annual journal. Also information about prevention.
- Thyroid Cancer Survivor's Association: Information about thyroid cancer and support services for patients and caregivers.
- American Foundation for Urologic Diseases: Dedicated to prevention and cure of urologic diseases through expansion of medical research, education and awareness.
- United Ostomy Association of America: Education, information, support and advocacy for people who have had or will have intestinal or urinary diversions.