Specialty Care for Diabetes, Endocrine & Metabolism
Endocrinology is the branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the endocrine system, which consists of several glands throughout the body that release hormones into the blood.
Hormones play an important role in how our bodies work:
- metabolism (how our body uses energy)
- growth & development
- sensory perception
Endocrinologists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of problems related to glands and hormones. Among the most common are:
- Diabetes (too much blood sugar)
- Thyroid problems (energy, weight)
- Pituitary problems (growth)
- Osteoporosis (brittle bones)
- Calcium metabolism
- Hypogonadism (may cause reproductive issues)
Your primary-care provider may refer you to an endocrinologist if you need this special kind of care.
Endocrinology at PeaceHealth
PeaceHealth Medical Group has an experienced endocrinologist in Bellingham:
PeaceHealth Medical Group-Endocrinology
4465 Cordata Parkway, Suite B
Bellingham, WA 98226
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.