For Identifying &Treating Conditions
Imaging is a powerful tool used by health-care providers to:
- diagnose illness or injury
- confirm diagnosis
- guide or deliver treatment
- screen for disease
Types of tests & what they're for:
- CT Scan (computed tomography) for internal organs
- Bone mineral densitometry (DEXA) for gauging density of bone
- Mammography for breasts
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) for internal organs & tissues
- Nuclear medicine for various parts of the body
- Ultrasound for pregnancies, pelvis and other areas
- X-ray for bones
Imaging at PeaceHealth
Patients at PeaceHealth Medical Group in Ketchikan have access to comprehensive imaging services, including MRI, CT, Mammography, Ultrasound and other advanced imaging tests located on the first floor of PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center at 3100 Tongass Avenue.
All images are digital with results easily made available to PeaceHealth Medical Group physicians through the electronic medical record.
The amount of time it takes to get the results will depend on the test, usually within one to two weeks. You can view your results online, if you use PeaceHealth PatientConnection. This free service is available to all PeaceHealth patients. Sign up for PatientConnection.
The provider who ordered the test will let you know if you need any follow-up care based on what is shown.