Sacred Heart Home Health
When You Need Home Care
“There’s no place like home” is more than a wise old saying. The people of Home Health Services know that the comfortable, familiar environment of the home can actually work to stabilize or improve a short-term or chronic health condition.
Our goal is to work with you, your physician, your family and community agencies to enable you to live in your own home.
We may be able to help you postpone, shorten or even prevent a hospitalization or nursing home stay. And even if your illness or injury does not require hospitalization, our professional staff is available to assist you if you have specialized home care needs.
Home Care Services are available to meet the needs of our populations, pediatric through geriatric.
Your Physician and Home Care
A phone call from your physician can initiate your individualized care at home. We coordinate your care with your physician and furnish him or her with the information needed to evaluate your progress.
Home Health Services is funded partially through the generous donations of patients and their families. For more information on how you can donate, visit the Sacred Heart Foundation home page.
Services to Meet Your Needs
Our experienced staff provides high quality care that is directed to meet and improve your overall health status. Your physician may prescribe one or more of the following services:
- Registered Nurses provide professional care based on your specific needs. Personalized services may include follow-up after acute flair ups of chronic conditions, wound care, catheter care, intravenous therapies, symptom and pain management, and palliative care. They will teach you and your family ongoing care to foster independence. A Home Health Nurse can be contacted after hours to assist with unanticipated healthcare needs.
- A Medical Social Worker can come to your home to assist you and your family with personal, financial, or other problems that occur with illness. The Medical Social Worker is familiar with community resources available to help you and your family.
- Speech/Language Pathologists are available if you have incurred any speech loss or swallowing problems. A therapy plan is developed if you are experiencing such frustrations as problems with speaking, understanding others, reading, writing, mathematics, spelling, telling time, identifying objects, or choking or coughing while eating or drinking.
- Occupational Therapists evaluate your ability to perform self-care activities. If you need help with routine activities such as eating, bathing, dressing, grooming, or writing, a therapy program is planned for you to help you become as independent as possible in your daily routine.
- Physical Therapists evaluate your physical capabilities and limitations, and then establish a personalized home exercise program. The home programs are designed for you to use on your own to meet individual and rehabilitative goals.
- Home Health Aide services are provided in addition to nursing or therapy services. You may receive assistance with personal care, such as bathing, dressing, shampooing, or nail and skin care.
- Hospice Services offers a coordinated program of care for the terminally ill which includes: management of pain and symptoms; emotional support for patient and family; and bereavement follow-up. Trained volunteers also offer companionship or respite care when the family needs time away.
Download our Home Health Services brochure (pdf).