Food as Medicine
Is it time to change your eating habits?
Want a healthy eating plan to lose weight and combat diabetes, heart disease and other chronic health issues? It's easier than you might think.
PeaceHealth dietitian, Jendy Newman, RD, CDE, gave recent webinar participants the skinny on supermarket strategies, food labels, creative cooking, disease prevention, and the benefits of exercise.
Watch a recording of Jendy's presentation:
Here are her slides and handouts to help you start eating healthier today:
- Presentation slides
- Action plan handouts & resources
- Quick “Pick and Mix” Meal Handout
- Good Food on a Tight Budget
- Make Every Day Mediterranean
- Pantry Shopping List
Here's what a few participants said they learned during the live event:
- Eating healthy is less costly in the long run.
- Eat vegetables!!!!
- Try to eat more whole foods--less processed.
- Nutrition is inter-generational.
- I'm going try the 8-day challenge with my son to get him eating more vegetables.
About our speaker
Jendy Newman, RC, CDE, is a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator at PeaceHealth Southwest Specialty Clinic. She has been providing nutrition counseling and diabetes education for adults and children at Southwest for more than 20 years. Jendy grew up in Ohio and southeast Alaska and graduated from Oregon State University. She enjoys cooking, gardening, kayaking and partnering with individuals and groups to promote healthy lifestyle choices.
What is a webinar?
It's an online class. You can participate from anywhere via your smart phone, tablet or computer. Try it. You might like it.